Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Birthday Mouse

Sharing a birthday card I made for Send a Smile 4 Kids using a digi from Bugaboo Stamps colored with Copics.  The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts, star paper from Bazzill (Tuesday Morning find!) and a border die from Verve Stamps.  The card layout is OWH sketch #19.

I used my new Misti to stamp the sentiment, and I have to say, it makes all the difference in the world to be able to stamp something multiple times.  The orange paper (and the stamp itself) didn't really take the Stampin' Up Night of Navy ink very well.  The ink beaded up on the stamp and wasn't showing up very well.  After stamping the sentiment three times, I achieved a nice clear image.  Yay!  I believe the Misti will save me a lot on inks since I use different variations of inks to get an image to stamp clearly/completely.  With the Misti I can simply stamp until the image fills itself in.

I'm entering my card in Cards in Envy's challenge It's a Birthday Party! Birthday Cards.

Thanks for visiting my blog today - hope your day is going great!

5 comments:

  1. I just love all of the colorful stars working the background for that adorable little mouse! The border looks fantastic with the orange color showing through! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute birthday mouse! So adorable and love the bright colors with it! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful happy card! Love the image and your awesome coloring! Thanks for playing along in the Cards in Envy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee Mae, Love this bright, cheery card and your adorable little mouse! Your card has a terrific design and great coloring! I was so excited to see that you are making cards for SAS4Kids. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely adorable card!! Some sweet kid is going to love it!!! thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and always appreciated!